Thursday, March 3, 2011

So many holidays AGAIN!

What's with that? There are, like, a million holidays today, too! I mean, it's cool and all, but I'm kinda getting overwhelmed here. It's hard to celebrate all of these at once, people. :) For one thing, it's Peach Blossom Day. But it's also National Anthem Day...I'm not sure if this is a national holiday celebrating all anthems or a smaller holiday celebrating national anthems...somebody research this and get back to me. ;) And it's also I Want To Make You Happy Day. So...please, somebody make me happy by singing a (national) anthem about peach blossoms, and we'll be all set. Oh, and I was also told (falsely) by my homeroom teacher and a student in said homeroom, both of whom were dressed up, that it was Dress Professionally Day, and didn't I get the memo. Well, no. No, I didn't. Also, I would like to state that even if that is a real holiday, which I doubt, it wasn't today, even if it was written (this morning, as I watched) on the calendar of my homeroom teacher.

...Whatever.

...I also doubt that the other holiday my homeroom teacher deemed today to be, "Thank God Cats Taste Like Chicken Day," exists. At least I hope not. I am about 99% sure he made that up on the spot, but there is always that nagging thread of doubt...okay, I'm 100% sure. Nagging thread? Gone!

So, anyway...today's Words From The Hallway are from the Say What? category! My comments are in italics! Enjoy! :)

"What if we give them gills?" Would you like fries with those gills? Or just mayonnaise?

"Hey, guess what, I'm a blowfish!" How very nice for you.

"No campaigning in class!" Oh, so you'll allow mowing the fish in class, but campaigning is out? That seems a bit unfair! ...who would possibly want to mow a fish in class, I have no idea, but I can only assume it's allowed. If not, I think I'm going to sue. Although I usually mow my fish at the library. Hmm.

Person 1: "When I come back, there'd better be chicken and rejoicing."
Person 2: "Those things do usually go hand in hand." Oh, indubitably.

2 comments:

Blake said...

You cannot rejoice without chicken. It's rule 42, the oldest rule in the book!

Eve S. D'ropper said...

I agree. So...they wrote rule #42 first, then all the rest? That seems kinda odd...XD