Friday, March 4, 2011

National Grammar Day!

Happy National Grammar Day, everyone! And may I be the first to remind you: Prepositions are not words to end sentences with. Which Tassel should probably agree with...the.corner.chair, Tassel, these pictures are for you! :)




There was another one that appeared either too small or too fuzzy. But with two phrases ("Let's eat Grandpa!" and "Let's eat, Grandpa!"), I learned that commas save lives. :)

...Is it weird that, ever since starting this post, I have inadvertently been making tons of grammar mistakes, far more than normal, out of the stress of trying not to make any grammar mistakes in a post about grammar? Yup. Thought so. Thank goodness for the backspace key! :)

So. Anyway. Today's Words are from the Conversations category. My comments are in italics! Enjoy! :)

Person 1: "What can we do to make her feel better besides push her out a window?"
Person 2: "In what way is being pushed out of a window therapeutic?"
Person 1: "Oh, you know...the freefall...so relaxing."
Person 2: "Do you speak from experience?" Why do you think she's so stress-free lately?

***

Person 1: "What if you were a nostril-i-vore?"
Person 2: "You can't eat a nostril--nostrils are holes."
Person 1: "So you'd be an air-o-vore...What if you were an eyebrow-o-vore?"
Person 2: "I am." ...nostril-i-vore? As in, eating nostrils? ...why this comes up as a topic of conversation at my school I shall probably never know.

***

Person 1: "You can always run away screaming and flailing your arms above your head."
Person 2: "That's what we do." Sound advice. And how does that work out for you, exactly?

***

Person 1: "[Her soul] was in my shoe...it squeaked when I stepped on it."
Person 2: "Did you leave it in there?"
Person 1: "Yes, and it left glitter on my feet." ...oookaaaaay...really not sure what to do with this information...

2 comments:

Blake said...

Nostrilivore... I totally just spat soda all over the keyboard. Okay, not really, but I would have if I had been drinking soda.

Eve S. D'ropper said...

Three guesses as to who (from chorus) said that. And the first two don't count. XD