Saturday, March 12, 2011

200th Post!

Um, wow. This is the 200th post on Words From The Hallway...I know. I'm kinda stunned. I feel like we should do something to celebrate. So...I'm going to have a contest! I've got a book and some candy (photo below) that can be won by you, yes you, in a random drawing!

All you've got to do is...become a member and leave a comment on this post by Saturday, March 26, 2011, by 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time!

To have better chances to win this contest, you can have multiple entries! You get one entry for becoming a member (if you're already a member, you get an automatic entry), one entry for leaving a comment on this post, and one additional entry for every new member who mentions you in their comment on this post! (As in, "Eve S. D'ropper told me about this contest!" for example ;D)

Here's a picture of what you could win:

A new copy of the book Physik by Angie Sage (part of the Septimus Heap series), and a pack of cherry Twizzler Bits!

Hopefully, there will be more contests in the future--but you will never know when they will occur! So...good luck! :) Thanks for reading Words From The Hallway!

And speaking of those words of wisdom bafflement...today's Words are from the category of Say What? My comments are in italics! Enjoy! :)

"Why is there a dinosaur in the fruit bowl?" Um, why wouldn't there be a dinosaur in the fruit bowl?

Person 1: "Ohmigosh! You almost tripped me!"
Person 2: "I was actually trying to tie your shoe. With my feet." Yyyeah. Right. ...I mean, 'oh, how kind of you!'

"Don't call me a lightbulb." I've already got a cab, and lightbulbs, frankly, don't move as fast. I dunno watt that's all about.

"What are you doing with my kneecap?" Is this one of those rhetorical questions? Because if not, I don't think you want to hear the answer. But I'll give you a hint: It has something to do with Brazilian slime and a very chewy gummi bear.

"[completely seriously] Follow the sound of the Oy." Is this like meditation? *crosses legs* Oyyyyyy...oyyyyyyyy...oyyyyyy....ah, I feel so relaxed already!

18 comments:

Corinne said...

Oy is a Jewish wurd :)

Eve S. D'ropper said...

Indeed. And it is very meditative.

Tassel said...

Ahahaha... Watt.

So, wait, do I have to join the blogger site and follow you? Is that what "become a member" means?

Eve S. D'ropper said...

Oui, Tassel. Désolé si c'est un problème. Also, sorry if that's not really French. I used an online translator because I didn't know anything beyound Oui. ;)

Sarah Stedje said...

what exactly does "oy" mean?

Eve S. D'ropper said...

Well, it's like 'yo,' but backwards, you see. I know that helps. By the way, congrats to Corinne for being the first to enter the contest, and Sarah, you are now entered as well! :) Remember, you get more entries if the contest entrant says in their post that you told them about the site! :D

TG said...

Comment!!!

K.Bluntschly said...

Eve S. D'ropper told me about this contest! and i am really appreaciative of her for giving me the confidence to let go of my other poems that i had captive.

Unknown said...

I am now a member because you, Eve S. D'ropper, invited me to become one. Also, I adore Twizzlers. Though dinosaurs in fruit bowls not as much. That is all. :D

Eve S. D'ropper said...

TG--thanks! :) Nice picture, did you take it?

K.Bluntschly: Aw, thanks! Good luck, and I can't wait to read more! :)

Annie Cristina: Why, thank you! Welcome--I'm glad you're here! :) LOL, I would also say I prefer Twizzlers to dinosaurs in fruit bowls...unless the dinosaurs are made out of Twizzlers--then it's pretty much a win-win scenario. :)

Unknown said...

Dinosaurs made out of Twizzlers I could totes do. (Pretty much ANYTHING made of Twizzlers, for that matter.)

Eve S. D'ropper said...

Haha! I agree! ...what about edible art? A sunset made out of Reese's Pieces (for the orange), Skittles (for the yellow) and Twizzlers (for the red)!

Lady said...

Buttercup: You can die too for all I care.
[she pushes him down a high hill]
Man in Black: AS... YOU... WISH.
Buttercup: Oh, my sweet Westley! What have I done?

Eve S. D'ropper said...

[then she rolls down after him which leads to lots of trouble in the rest of the movie]

Unknown said...

The least of which happens the fire swamp which no one else has survived from, with incredibly realistic giant rodent.

And for those who care, anyone who reads this, "oy" can have many meanings just depending on how you say it and emphasize it. It is most often used as a sign of exasperation or shock though.

Eve S. D'ropper said...

True, that. That Rodent Of Unusual Size really freaked me out the first time I saw that movie. Then again, perhaps I shouldn't've (where, exactly, does one put the apostrophe in that word?) shouldn'tve? shouldnt've? sh'ouldntve?) been watching it in fourth grade. Though it wasn't my fault! I think we had a substitute teacher and we were watching The Princess Bride for lack of anything else to do...ay.

Emily said...

Whee. I'm following you now. CONTEST. (I didn't even do this on the last day on PURPOSE. I'm just lucky.)

Eve S. D'ropper said...

Thanks, Tassel! Okay...the results are in!