Friday, November 12, 2010

Hmm.

There appears to be a blacksmith on my back porch. How odd. Let me see what he's doing.

Oh. He's banging his blacksmith's hammer on a piece of tree branch which is resting on top of his blacksmith's anvil...which is made out of wood...as is his hammer.

Not sure I see the point of this task, but...whatever.

Oh. He says that if you need any wood hit by wood on top of more wood, he's your guy. Just call "Oh, blacksmith" as loudly as you can to a nearby tree over and over until he comes. You must be patient, or he won't arrive.

This is vaguely like Santa Claus.

Only woodier.

Whatever.

Anyway, today's Words From The Hallway are from the Rather Duh-Inspiring category. My comments are in italics! Enjoy! :)


"LOOK AT MY GRUESOME WOUND! Haha, no, it's just blood." Because wounds don't produce blood at all.

"I'm a natural landmark!" If you say so...

"Earthworms are phizophrenic." I'm pretty sure that's not a word...and that was a teacher...but hopefully not an English teacher...and if so, how did worms come into the equation?

"So this guy was giving a report on England, and he asks if there are any questions. And this one girl is, like, 'Um, what language do they speak in England?' and the guy's like '...English...' and she says, completely seriously, 'But I thought England was in France.'" I see London, I speak France...wait, what?

4 comments:

Blake said...

Your intro made me guffaw.
The last one... so many stupid people, so few meteors.

Eve S. D'ropper said...

Haha, thanks, Blake!

Totally. The good thing is, at least the stupidity isn't rubbing off on us...yet.

Tassel said...

Well, England was part of France after it was conquered at the Battle of Hastings in 1066 by Guillaume le Conquérant (aka William the Conquerer), who was Duke of Normandy, which then later actually gave England power in France, bizarrely, and France started the 100 Years' War to kick them out. It didn't really make sense.

...Euro geekiness over.

And I am TOTALLY a natural landmark!

Eve S. D'ropper said...

Oh, okay. Now I understand. However...I'm pretty sure she wasn't taking that factor into account. :)

LOL. How do you know this stuff? You're awesome. And yes, you are a natural landmark, I'm just not sure how, exactly. I mean, it's not like you were eroded by water like the Grand Canyon, or, you know, stay in one place for tourists to take pix of you or anything...